Sunday Evenings 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Starts January 8, 2017 | Room S3 (near sanctuary)
FREE Childcare Ages 0 - 5
Contact Raquel Reed at email@example.com
Is God calling you to reach out across cultures right here at Village Seven? If you are willing to be trained to practice English with someone who desires to learn, you may see the opportunities to share in word and deeds the Gospel of Jesus.
In addition, each week over 40 children from refugee backgrounds come to Village Seven on Sunday nights to hear the good news of Jesus, play in the gym, have a dinner and so much more!
The World Has Come to Us
- People who are a part of the minority ethnic groups in our population are growing 600% faster than the population as a whole.
- For the first time in the history of the world there are representatives from every nation of the world now present in North America.
- Ethnic peoples are now a majority in 25 of the largest cities in North America, making up 61% of Chicago, 73% of New York, and 78% of Los Angeles.
- The United States is the third largest Hispanic nation in the world and soon will replace Spain, currently in second place behind Mexico.
- Many of these new immigrants arrive with a huge need: the need to learn English. We can meet that need and reach them with the Gospel through English as a Second Language (ESL).
• Be a teacher on Sunday nights
• Be a driver for the church van on Sunday nights
• Help prepare and serve the meal and help with cleanup
• Pray for the ESL program
• Invite an international student/family to your home for dinner
• Mentor/tutor an international student in your home or at another off-site location even if you can’t attend the Sunday night program
Time Required: Sunday nights 3 hrs a week for 10 weeks, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Contact: Raquel Reed firstname.lastname@example.org