Missions at Village Seven
Our God is a missionary God
- The Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world (John 3:16; 1 John 4:9-10, 14).
- Jesus, God’s Son, has sent his disciples into the world to proclaim the gospel and to make disciples (John 17:18; 20:21; Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:15).
- The Holy Spirit empowers and gifts us to serve and to be witnesses of God’s grace (Acts 1:8; 1 Corinthians 12).
In light of this, Village Seven Presbyterian Church believes that the Great Commission is valid today, and therefore we have always been and will be involved in missions, both at home and around the world.
We believe that the task is twofold
1) We are to go into all the world and preach the gospel, make disciples, and plant churches (Matthew 24:14; 28:19-20; Mark 13:10; 16:15; Luke 24:47-48; Acts 1:8; 2 Corinthians 5:11-20);
2) We are to practice deeds of compassion and mercy, loving our neighbors by responding to all kinds of need (Matthew 24:31-46; Luke 10:25-27; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:9-10). Such deeds give credibility to our proclamation and lead others to glorify the Father (Matthew 5:16; 1 Peter 2:12).
As individuals and as a congregation we carry out this ministry of reconciliation by praying, sending, and going.
1) Praying involves asking the Father for his kingdom to come (Matthew 6:10), asking the Lord of the harvest to send out workers (Matthew 9:37), and interceding for those who are sent (Ephesians 6:19-20; Colossians 4:2-4).
2) Sending involves developing world vision in our congregation, praying for and preparing members for mission service, and prayerfully and financially supporting them (Philippians 4:10-19).
3) Going involves seeking what the Lord would have each of us to do and going into the world, whether in Colorado Springs, the United States, North America, or the rest of the world.
The Lord of the Church, Jesus Christ, has issued marching orders, and we all, individually and corporately, need to be carrying them out.
Village Seven Presbyterian Church seeks to have a full-orbed missions program, ministering at home and around the world. This includes evangelism, disciple-making, church-planting, and mercy ministries.
Currently we support
65 Missionary Units (single, couple, family)
Who are part of 27 mission agencies
Who serve in 27 countries/regions
Who work in 25 ministry categories
African Bible Colleges Athletes in Action
Barnabas International Cadence International
Camino Global Child Evangelism Fellowship
Children of Abraham Cru
Engineering Ministries Intl Entrust
Equip International Friendship International
Greater Europe Mission International Students
Ministry to Muslims Mission to the World
Mission Training Intl New Tribes Mission
One Challenge Open Doors
Outpost Expeditions Prayer for Prisoners
The Navigators The Saints Prison Ministry
The Third Story Voice of the Truth
Australia | Belgium | Belize
Canada | Caribbean | Costa Rica
England | France | Germany
Grand Cayman | Haiti | India
Ireland | Mexico | Middle East 1
Middle East 2 | North Africa | Panama
Persian World | Puerto Rico | Russia
Singapore | Spain | Uganda
Ukraine | United States | World Focus
Administration | Business as Mission | Chaplains
Church Planting | Community Development
Education | Evangelism/Discipleship
Field Leadership | International Leadership
Literature | Medical Ministry | Mercy Ministry
Military Ministry | Missionary Care | Mobilization
Music/Camping | Muslim Ministry | Prayer
Prison Ministry | Radio/Administration | Radio/Correspondence
Recruiting | Student Ministry | Support Ministry | Training