Village Seven Presbyterian Church is located in an east-central suburban area of Colorado Springs known as Village Seven. Village Seven Presbyterian Church was organized in February of 1972.
During the first two years, 150 members met each Sunday at a local public school. In 1972, the church was given 5.4 acres of land. Two years later, the 500-seat original sanctuary was constructed on that site. In the 1970s, under the leadership of Reverend William B. Leonard, the founding pastor, the church grew to approximately 300 members. Reverend Leonard retired in 1979.
In 1979, Dr. A. Bernhard Kuiper assumed the role of Senior Pastor. In 1982, an additional 6.3 acre tract of land adjacent to the original site was purchased; in 1989, four more adjacent lots were purchased, bringing the total property to 12.66 acres. In 1992, the new 1550-seat sanctuary was completed; the lower level of this building was completed in 1997, which houses the Children's Care Center and the Music Ministry. When Dr. Kuiper resigned in 1997 to assume an itinerant ministry, the church had grown to approximately 1350 total members.
On April 26, 1998, Rev. A. Joseph Wheat was installed as the Senior Pastor of Village Seven Presbyterian Church. Rev. Wheat came to Village Seven from the Trinity Presbyterian Church in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, where he was the founding pastor. Rev. Wheat served at Village Seven with his lovely wife, Gina, and their two daughters. Under his leadership the congregation grew in its understanding of grace, and to approximately 2100 members. Additionally, the congregation grew in care of one another through the implementation of Sunday School Communities (mid-size groups) that helped make the large church more caring. In June of 2005 Pastor Wheat accepted a position at Highlands Presbyterian Church in Ridgeland Mississippi.
On July 15, 2007 Village Seven called Mark Bates as Senior Pastor of Village Seven Presbyterian Church. Before coming to Village Seven, Rev. Bates founded University Presbyterian Church in Orlando and grew the church to over 700. Currently, the church conducts two Sunday morning worship services and Sunday School, with an average attendance of almost 1600 in worship and 1100 in Sunday School.